Here you can find articles and words of inspiration for you.
Something new posted regularly. Watch this space.
Putting God's Kingdom first (1)
February 14, 2020
Word for Today
'Seek the Kingdom of God above all else...'
Matthew 6:33 NLT
“What does it mean to put God's Kingdom first in your life? It means 12 things. Read them carefully then ask, 'How do I measure up?'
(1) Obedience to God. '...anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be great in the Kingdom of Heaven' (Matthew 5:19 NLT).
(2) Love. '...love your enemies!...If you love only those who love you, what good is that' (Matthew 5:44,46 NLT)?
(3) Justice. 'God blesses those who are hungry and thirsty for justice...' (Matthew 5:6 NLT).
(4) Peace. 'God blesses those who work for peace...' (Matthew 5:9 NLT).
(5) Holy living. '...let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father' (Matthew 5:16 NLT).
(6) Integrity. 'Just say a simple, "Yes, I will" or "No, I won't"...' (Matthew 5:37 NLT).
(7) Generosity. When you give a gift to someone in need, 'Give...in secret, and your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you' (Matthew 6:2,4 NLT).
(8) Spiritual wholeness. '...Is anything worth more than your soul' (Matthew 16:26 NLT)?
(9) Biblical knowledge. 'Your problem is that you don't know the Scriptures...' (Matthew 22:29 NLT).
(10) Faith in God. '...if you had faith as small as a mustard seed...Nothing would be impossible.' '...But with God everything is possible' (Matthew 17:20; 19:26 NLT).
(11) Blessing people. Jesus not only taught this, but His constant healing of, training, and serving others demonstrated how to do it.
(12) Disciple-making. 'Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations...' (Matthew 28:19 NLT). According to Jesus that's the only agenda worth living for-and if necessary, dying for!”
Word for Today Written by Bob & Debby Gass
Mother Basilea Schlink’s Attitude for Today
"Jesus gives us a new commandment: to love as he has loved us. Begin to love this commandment as the most precious legacy of his heart and as his request to you. Then it will be easy for you to follow it, for love makes the hardest things easy and sweetens everything."