Here you can find articles and words of inspiration for you.
Something new posted regularly. Watch this space.
Why do we need Jesus
August 1, 2020
Daily Bible Reading for YOU
Take 10 minutes every day and have the Bible read to you. In one year you will have read the whole Bible and your life will have dramatically been changed. That I can guarantee. Click here to visit the “One Year Bible Podcast.
Used by permission. International copyright secured.
When we received Jesus
When we received Jesus .....
• received Christ as our Saviour
• became a child of God
• caused all heaven to rejoice
• became a new creature
• began an eternal adventure
We have begun a new life. But we ask the obvious question –“What Actually Happened?
In coming to God we are embracing a new realm. God is a Spirit, yet we can know Him because we have a spiritual capacity. We become a citizen of the Kingdom of God and we change our culture for God’s culture and begin to live according to God’s Law. We may not see or feel any difference immediately, many things have begun to happen since we received Christ Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.
What We Did
1. We turned to God “... that they should repent and turn to God.” Acts 26:20
2. We confessed with our mouths and believed and believed in our hearts that Jesus Christ is our risen Saviour and Lord. “... if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart That God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.” Romans 10:9
3. We confessed our sins to Jesus and repented of them. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
4. We received Jesus into our lives. “But as many as received Him, to them, He gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
Quote for Today
“The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming the person God designed you to be in Christ Jesus.”
Mother Basilea Schlink’s Attitude for Today
“If God asks something of you, give it to Him, even if it means making a sacrifice. But sacrifice with a cheerful heart, for God loves a cheerful giver."
Mother Basilea Schlink
Proverb for Today
“Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.”
Word from Scripture for Today
"This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ."